Thursday, April 9, 2009

The benefits of adoptive 'birth' vs live birth

Tonight I was out drinking at a sushi restaurant where I broke one of my newly established rules of not telling new people too much. I am just too excited at the moment to keep my big flap shut. Thankful, my new friend Sandy was happy for me. She said, "you're expecting!! Lets have a toast!" Now thats not something a normal expectant mom would probably be hearing. I'm sure the people in the next booth over were highly disturbed, but thats what they get for eavesdropping. It got me to thinking about the so-called benefits (for lack of a better term), of the adoption process. Often, adoptive parents of infants tend to reflect more often on those thing that you miss out on and the negatives. So, its quite fun to think about things with a twist. So here's my list:

1)I can drink unabashedly through all 9-12 ( or even 15+) months while expecting.
2)I have the chance to really do all those things that I want to do, without worrying about bonking the baby in the head.
3) my body will not have to lose baby weight and snap back after the physical toll that pregnancy tends to do the 35 year old women.
4) I can travel and get the rest of this travel bug out of my system for the time being. I know its crazy, but it is hard for me, as it is one of my true passions.
5) My sleep will not be disturbed UNTIL the baby gets here
6) No morning sickness (unless I do too much of #1)
7) Strangers don't have to know I'm expecting. They won't ask me when my baby is do, or decide rubbing my belly is socially acceptable!
8) I can be nearly 100% sure my child will have no birth defects such as down syndrome, asperger's.
9) My daily dose of excedrin, coffee, and any sort of cold medicine I might need to take is FAIR GAME!

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP